unheiring: (Feel The Weight)
unheiring ([personal profile] unheiring) wrote in [community profile] sticksandbones2026-07-08 12:34 am

[netbook-ish] blood for the blöödchëëp

[Somewhere in the midst of the magical mishaps and the sleepless shenanigans, someone gets the terrible idea to visit the clocktower. Be a result of recklessness borne from a lack of sleep, or just the sheer need to put something obscene in his mouth, Luca winds up beside a certain pile of goo. For just a moment, he seems to second guess himself, consider turning away -

before he reaches down to scoop it right into his mouth.

The first, near ear piercing squawk that results from his efforts is due to the taste. It is absolutely awful, as one might expect. The second comes only a moment or two later, after much spitting and regret. A clump of hair falls out, landing on the ground beside Luca's feet.

If you're drawn to the noise, you might briefly see one Luca Aurelius streaking across the grove. Hair and feathers alike rain down on the ground behind him, a morbid and slightly hilarious trail leading to the bar. A handful of minutes later, some hastily scrabbled words appear on the netbook.]


I have fallen violently ill, it seems.
In the interest of not spreading a secondary plague, the bar will be closed for the foreseeable future. Please avoid the premises.


[Rejoice, world! For blöödchëëp has arisen.]
eidxiety: (bw. 024)

[personal profile] eidxiety 2026-07-08 05:58 am (UTC)(link)
[Through their gossip hairpins... or well maybe poor cheeping Luca does not have his in his hair anymore but either way...]

Mr. Bartender? You ran past the bakery in a panic and I just read your note. Do you want me to bring you anything?
eidxiety: (c. 007)

[personal profile] eidxiety 2026-07-09 09:09 pm (UTC)(link)
I know that you snatch them.

[You can truly hear the :O in his voice here. He must have learnt that from one of y'all kids.]
eidxiety: (bw. 048)

[personal profile] eidxiety 2026-07-15 08:07 pm (UTC)(link)
Haha, there are a lot of young kids here these days. ^^ Okay, I'll dig through and see what I have. I think I have a nice orangey-red one in the back of the shop.

[He will go a'diggin for it, unless Luca has colour protests. If not, Ain will be at the bar shortly with it clutched in his hands. Unfortunately he has no wigs.]
lovelyredthread: (opav-scared)

[personal profile] lovelyredthread 2026-07-08 11:42 am (UTC)(link)
[ He was outside tending his garden and most assuredly saw Luca hoof it past his house ]

Uh... do you... Want me to clean up the mess for you?
lovelyredthread: (opav-annoyed)

[personal profile] lovelyredthread 2026-07-08 08:25 pm (UTC)(link)
[ My dear friend there is a trail. ]

Oh... kay?

[ ??? ]

I guess I'll clean up this completely unrelated mess, then.
ninelines: (24)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-08 05:36 pm (UTC)(link)
Violently ill? Are you sure that a healer shouldn't check in on you?
ninelines: (34)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-11 03:28 am (UTC)(link)
... okay, starting to sound like this is less of an illness and more of a... actually, let me start over. Hypothetically, if someone were trying to assist you with your... unfortunate onset of a highly contagious malady, what should they bring you? Hypothetically!
ninelines: (21)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-14 02:48 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, well that's a relief! I was worried that it was something incurable.

A large jacket with a hood, huh... okay, I can do that. Would a... robe with a hood work? I've got the one I'm wearing, and it's built of multiple different layers. I could wash it first and then leave it outside the bar for you.
ninelines: (23)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-16 07:12 pm (UTC)(link)
Pretty soft! Built for both comfort and function, I'd say. It was a gift from the people that saved me the first time I had an experience with the whole "traveling across time and space unexpectedly" thing.
ninelines: (26)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-16 07:31 pm (UTC)(link)
You've got it. I'll hand wash it first so it's clean. Uh. I wouldn't put it on immediately, obviously, lest it... worsen your malady?

Oh! I mean, you can ask if you want. It's not something I'd, uh, want to distract from your circumstances with, though.
ninelines: (23)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-16 08:05 pm (UTC)(link)
No problem, Mr. Luca! [ Yep. Still doin' that. ]

That bad? I mean, if it'll help! What do you wanna know?
ninelines: (42)

[personal profile] ninelines 2026-07-16 09:08 pm (UTC)(link)
Um. Not QUITE the same? And I also wouldn't necessarily say the welcome was... warm... but it was at least a hint more, uh. Consensual? Than getting pulled here was. And it was a lot more confusing the first go around!
astralprojection: (headtilt)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-08 08:30 pm (UTC)(link)
What did you do.
astralprojection: (staaare)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-09 09:33 pm (UTC)(link)
Hmmmmmm.

I'm not afraid of being sick. I'll cover my face and come over.
astralprojection: (chinhands)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-10 09:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Days off are boring. I need personal enrichment in life.

I am scratching at your metaphorical door. My paw is wiggling under the crack for you to let me in. Meow.
astralprojection: (activated)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-12 01:02 am (UTC)(link)
I am being so nice and cute? All the time?? You would spray a cute little guy who has done nothing wrong with water like a criminal????
astralprojection: (hmph)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-12 01:09 am (UTC)(link)
So mean to me. I am hated. Unloved. Forsaken.

I am taking my little rucksack and I am leaving and you'll never see me again and then you'll be sorry.
astralprojection: (perk)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-12 01:29 am (UTC)(link)
( •`ᴖ´•)

[That's all Astrid writes back. One might think this was the end of it, even. Except for maybe fifteen minutes later, Luca will hear a loud knock followed by the rapid sounds of footsteps scampering away down the stairs.

There's a plate in front of his door, and Astrid nowhere to be seen... except for actually he was, he's hiding very poorly behind one of the seats where he still has vantage of Luca's door. You can literally see his ears poking out. It's pretty pathetic, really.]
astralprojection: (staaare)

[personal profile] astralprojection 2026-07-13 08:31 am (UTC)(link)
Your nosy menace.

[Bold to say when both of them are knee deep in this mutual crush situationship with nary a single emotion ever discussed between them, but you know.

Baby steps. Months and months worth of baby steps—

Astrid does not attempt to insert himself in the situation any further though, if Luca wants to take his treat and run, then so be it. He's just glad he was helpful ✨]
Edited 2026-07-13 08:32 (UTC)